Client: Camera di Commercio Toscana Nord Ovest
Period: September 2023 – August 2026
Overall objective :
Supporting tourism SMEs in the twin transition
SMARTIES for SMEs is a transnational project to enhance the competitiveness of SMEs in the EU Mediterranean region. It focuses on 2 thematic areas:
- Regenerative tourism, ie tourism offer that respects the authenticity of the local territory and contributes to the well-being of the local communities, by applying and further developing the Smart Way, a model developed by the Cultural Route “La Rotta dei Fenici” and already applied in various Med areas;
- The synergy between the tourism ecosystem and the agri-food ecosystem for the development of a sustainable tourism offer, by promoting the Mediterranean Diet as a model of food sustainability within the tourism sector.
- implements a qualitative and quantitative research on SMEs needs in post-Covid scenario and best practices to foster the twin transition, reaching 110 key stakeholders and 250 SMEs of 8 countries and 11 areas of the Med region, and publishes the results in a Compendium available for the upcoming T4T platform.
- Selects, monitors, and supports 75 innovative projects from 5 EU countries of the Med region, prioritizing sustainable solutions furthering the twin transition. Provides a blended programme of capacity building for tourism SMEs in 8 countries and 11 regions, through local workshops and thematic webinars, reaching respectively 275 SMEs and 180+ participants.
- Reaches out to the tourism ecosystems (EU and non-EU countries) through 5 networking events, a dedicated communication campaign and the publication of a Handbook on the Mediterranean Diet as a model of food sustainability within the tourism sector.
Support to the technical and administrative management of the project and expense reporting.
- Grant Agreement preparation and signing phase: Support for the preparation of the Grant Agreement through the Funding & Tenders portal; preparation of the Partnership Agreement; participation in the kick-off meeting in Brussels; revision of the project form, calendar of activities and budget in collaboration with the project partners.
- Management phase: Support for project initiation and monitoring, project documentation management, partnership coordination and preparation of interim reports. Support in the organization of the first project meeting in Pisa and participation in subsequent international meetings in Zagreb and Pafos.
- Closing phase: Participation in the final event in Rome; Support for the delivery of the project closing technical and financial report and any additions required by the managing authority.