Client: Comunità del Bosco del Monte Pisano APS
Period: July 2022 to February 2024
Regenerating the multifunctionality of forests and promoting the sustainable use of the forest resource on Mount Pisano (Tuscany)
- Counteracting property subdivision;
- Regenerating the multifunctionality of the forest;
- Enhancing local productive vocations;
- Strengthening the role of the Woodland Community.
The concrete product of the project will be the multi-year Plan for Active and Responsible Management of the Mount Pisano district.
ANALYSIS, TECHNICAL SURVEYS, MAPPING AND ELABORATION OF A MULTI-YEAR PLAN FOR MANAGEMENT OF ASSOCIATED PUBLIC-PRIVATE SURFACES within the project awarded by the client “Multifunctionality of the forest and sustainable use of renewable resources in rural areas” referred to in the grant decree issued by the General Directorate of Mountain Economy and Forestry on 14.02.2022
- Analysis and study: detailed study, survey, reconnaissance and census activities of the public and private assets of the members of this project proposal; reconnaissance and census of sector plans, environmental and landscape constraints and land use planning, for the purpose of defining the project cognitive framework; census of tangible and intangible resources, economic activities, ongoing programs, startup projects, innovative enterprises and other resources defined as useful for the development of production chains; meetings for co-design with the owners and representatives of other project working groups;
- Technical surveys and mapping: Environmental surveys of the area (vegetation and wildlife), to be carried out on representative sample areas for the purposes of the implementation of the Plan highlighted by the project and in compliance with regional and municipal plans; Preparation of the cognitive framework documents; Preparation of project documents, including mapping of the results of the production chains and tangible and intangible resources that emerged during the project and in the participatory process;
- Recognition of Ecosystem Services: quantifying the value of active and responsible forest management interventions, and defining the tangible and intangible ecosystem services derived from them; raising stakeholder awareness and networking with potential payers of forest ecosystem services;
- Final drafting: drafting of the Multi-Year Plan and illustrative technical report in accordance with MIPAAF, regional and national regulations, including technical documents to support the environmental assessment and landscape authorization pathway.
Forest management plan delivered in January 2024
PES (Payment Ecosystem Services) platform delivered in January 2024 platform website