“Integrated Landscape Management to Enhance Food Security and Ecosystem Resilience in Ethiopia”
Client: UNDP – Ethiopia
Period: 2019 – 2022
Provision of satellite-based baseline mapping for the UNDP’s Integrated Landscape Management project, in 12 areas in Ethiopia, aimed at providing a baseline satellite-based 10m resolution land cover/land use, degradation and productivity maps and statistical data that can be used to interpret the maps.
- Creation of the basic cartography:
- Land cover and land use maps through Remote sensing analysis.
- Application of the RUSLE erosion model to evaluate soil degradation / erosion.
- Soil productivity analysis.
- Soil productivity map updates, every three months until December 2022.
- Training workshop for local technicians on GIS technologies and remote sensing and best practices.