Participatory Forest Management Project for REDD +
Client: AESA Consulting Europe
Countries: Italy, Burkina-Faso
Origin of funding: African Development Bank
Period: 2017 – 2020
TASK 1 – Development of a Model of organic carbon soil loss
- Creation of a model for soil organic carbon (SOC) content.
- Calculation of SOC content in Burkina Faso’s soils and calculation of SOC changes in relation to land use/land cover changes over time.
TASK 2 – Development of a Methodology and implementation of a Monitoring Plan
- Action Plan development for the Establishment of a monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) system, in collaboration with national experts and institutions.
- Set up of a baseline scenario for Burkina Faso, together with national experts and institutions.
- Definition of a methodology for monitoring of the REDD + program in Burkina Faso.